Lumine carens 
Devoid of light.
Feigning to be a philosopher with your long cloak
You bring forward all false theories about the pure Sun.
First learn to recognise what is the true light.
The balmy day does not shine in obscure night.
References, across this site, to this page:
No references to this emblem or page found.
IconclassA scholar holding a book under his coat and a dark sun in his hand
- sun represented as face, wheel, etc. (+ variant)
- waxing moon, i.e. facing this way )
- waning moon, i.e. facing this way (
- (high) hill
- landscape with tower or castle
- landscape with bridge, viaduct or aqueduct
- arm stretched forward (+ holding something)
- hand on breast (or stomach), slipped into opening of vestment (+ holding something)
- adult man
- scholar, philosopher (+ variant)
- Interior, Interiority (+ emblematical representation of concept)
- Exterior, Exteriority (+ emblematical representation of concept)
- proverbs, sayings, etc. (with TEXT)